Are you experiencing a clicking knee?
This is a common issues for people with many not knowing what to do about it. So in this article we are going to run through the causes of a clicking knee and how to fix it.
Causes of clicking knee:
- Over loading the knee – putting more weight through your knee rather then using your hips to do the heavy lifting
- knee joint not tracking correctly – knee joint not aligning as normally.
- Hip joint rotated out of normal alignment causing knee tracking issues
How to fix a clicking knee:
- Learn to not bend the knees over your toes and use your hips as the joint bearing your weight.
- General strengthening of your quadriceps, adductors, hamstrings and gluteal muscle.
- Regain full range of motion in your hips and knee joint.
Number 1 Exercise to fix a clicking knee – completing a box squat 3 sets x 10 reps. Ensuring the hips are doing all the work.
Number 1 muscle group to stretch – gluteal group of muscle.
If you would like some more assistance in fixing a clicking knee, book in for an Exercise Physiology appointment