Here we are going to run through plantar fasciitis, what it is and some ways to fix it.
Is the thickening and inflammation of the fascia (outer layer of the muscle) that connects the heel to the toes. This is commonly caused from flat feet, weight gain increasing on pressure at the feet and poor foot wear support.
How to fix plantar fasciitis:
- Ice the bottom of your foot
- Use strapping tape to help support the foot arch
- Stretch the calf and foot
- Complete exercises to work on strengthening your foot arches
- Got some shoe inserts that provide arch support
If you are looking for ways to specifically help you with your plantar fasciitis, get in contact with us to get on an Exercise Physiology treatment plan.