Investments are putting your time, money and energy into place you will receive back more than you put in. The number 1 investment you can make is into your health. Your health is going to give you the ability to tackle life, dreams and aspirations more than any other thing. The number 1 thing you should put your time and energy in before anything else is your health. If you put anything else in life first, you will never reach your full potential.
Investing in your health means being proactive, not reactive. Do the right thing by yourself now and harvest the rewards in your years to come. Like anything in life you can pay now or pay later, but either way you are going to have consequences for the choices we make in life and for me, I think the choices we make for our health are the most important you can make and ultimately have the largest consequences on our quality lives.
So here are the top 10 ways you can invest in your health:
- At minimum go for a walk. But build the healthy habit of movement and exercise. Movement is medicine.
- Throw out your processed foods
- If you can’t grow the food then don’t eat it
- Put your phone down.
- Get away from the technology times of your day. Minimise social media time.
- Practice your version of mindfulness
- Do what brings your mind to stillness. This doesn’t just mean meditation, it can be surfing, mowing the lawn, knitting or anything that keeps your mind still from unnecessary thoughts.
- Practice some breath work techniques
- There are many types of breath work don’t complicate it and do it.
- Make time for the things you enjoy.
- Take time to schedule your best life
- Design the schedule you would love to live out. Then work towards making that schedule a reality
- Get out into nature
- Take yourself out of the day to day grind and go to the beach or a national park walk. And don’t sit on your phone while you are there, enjoy some time in nature.
- See a professional to advise you on how to better your health
- Our medicare system offer great preventative care measure. Go to your GP and see if you are eligible to see an Allied Health Professional to get your health in check.
- Set your goals
- Take time to set some goals and make a plan to achieve them. Setting you intentions and detailing how you will make it happen puts you on the front foot when investing in your health.
If you are interested in more information on any of these ways to invest in your health, get in contact with us and we will assist you in your needs.